DR. JENN BOSSIO, C.Psych, R.Psych
- Member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario (#6462) with practice in clinical psychology and health psychology
- Member of the College of Psychologists of BC (#2380)
- Extensive training in sexual health from leaders across the world
- PhD in clinical psychology from Queen’s University, focused on men’s sexual health
- Research and academic publications, presentations, and awards in health and sexual wellbeing
- Member of multiple professional organizations in sexual health, research, and mental health
DR. JENN BOSSIO, C.Psych, R.Psych- FULL BIO
All the work I do – whether it’s therapy, research, or training health care providers – is built on the idea that sexuality is complicated. In order to understand and treat problems in the bedroom, we need to consider the biological (body), psychological (mind), and social (relationships) influences.
I have 10 years’ experience in sexual health and mental health. I received my MSc and PhD in clinical psychology from Queen’s University.
After Queen’s, I spent 3 wonderful years in Vancouver, BC, where I trained and with some of the world leaders in sexual health. During that time, I created and tested a number of treatment manuals for men, women, and couples dealing with sexual difficulties.
My time on the West Coast taught me that Ontario was severely lacking in options for people suffering with sexual problems, so I made the move back to Kingston in 2018. Now, I consider it my personal mission to spread the lessons I learned in BC to people in Ontario, be they in health care (e.g., trainees, professionals) or those in need of help.
When I’m not working, you will find me snuggling with loved ones (human and feline, alike), dabbling in arts and crafts, yoga, snowboarding, travelling, or simply spending time by the water.
JEN BRUNET, MSW, RSW
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (# 835416)
- Member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (# 006252)
- Extensive training in sexual health and mindfulness-based therapies
- Master’s in social work degree from the University of Windsor
- Research experience in sexual health at Queen’s University
JEN BRUNET, MSW, RSW - FULL BIO
Talking about sex can be intimidating but my light-hearted and empathic nature will make it easier!
My introduction to sex therapy began over a decade ago during my studies at Queen’s University. Coincidentally, this is where I met my colleague, Dr. Bossio. I went on to pursue a counselling career in community mental health and addictions where I worked extensively with clients experiencing trauma and emotion regulation difficulties. A return to full-time studies to complete a Master’s in Social Work from the University of Windsor re-oriented me to my true passion; sex therapy. I am thrilled to have joined forces with the Tri Health Clinic’s founder, Dr. Bossio, and I am eager to serve the Kingston area and surrounding community.
My approach to therapy is one based on teamwork, skills building, and self-discovery. I use humour and bring a light-hearted approach to sometimes difficult conversations. I believe in empowering my clients and helping them achieve better sex lives.
In order to stay connected with the leading research and most cutting-edge treatment in therapy, we maintain memberships with professional organizations, including: