CLINICAL TRAINING AND SUPERVISION
Here’s the problem:
- Finding good supervision can be tough.
- It’s too easy to feel like supervision is just another box you need to check.
- Supervision feels stiff and surface level. We just run through my clients, and I don’t feel like I’m getting enough out of it.
Yet, more than anything, therapists want:
- Supervision that leads to measurable, accelerated growth as a therapist.
- Support in building immunity to burnout or imposter syndrome.
- A place where you feel safe and supported to explore deeper into your own practice, take risks, and learn interesting new things – not just ‘check the box’ for supervision!
- Multimodal methods of learning, including access to asynchronous learning modules as well as real-time supports.
- Support in all parts of a private practice – not just the therapy side, but the managing a practice side, too!
- Find that magical balance between your top-notch clinical skills, thriving in private practice, and looking after yourself with self-compassion.
WELCOME TO THE SOLUTION:
CLINICAL SUPERVISION / TRAINING BUILT TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS
Hi. I’m Dr. Jenn Bossio. I’m a clinical psychologist with practice in sexual health and health psychology. I have worked with many of the top sex therapists in the world and I’m itching to train more clinicians in the field.
I’ve been working in a combination of private practice and hospital work since 2016. I have dedicated myself to learning the ins and outs of building a sustainable work-life balance in the therapy world.
I firmly believe that good supervision is the key to keeping therapists safe and sane for the long-haul. I focus on building a strong relationship with all supervisees to foster an environment where vulnerability can thrive. I work with each supervisee to identify their own goals for learning, be it clinical skill development, practice management skills, deepening their own insight as clinicians, or all the above.
My supervision style is based on my own clinical modalities: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness Based Therapy (MBT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), and Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT)… plus a little bit of self-compassion and humour sprinkled in there for good measure.
YOU’RE NOT JUST GETTING SUPERVISION; YOU’RE UPGRADING YOUR LIFE.
WHAT I CAN HELP WITH:
- Become a therapist who is immune burnout or to imposter syndrome
- Learn how to thrive in private practice
- Become a specialist in sexual health
- Become a specialist in behavioural medicine/health psychology
- Refine skills in specific therapeutic modalities (CBT, ACT, MBT, EFT)
THE RIGHT FIT IS IMPORTANT
Like with therapy, finding the right fit for supervision is key to a successful supervisory relationship. We might be a fit if you are…
- Graduate students in clinical or counselling psychology
- Early career psychologists undergoing registration
- Registered psychologists looking for support in sex therapy and/or health psychology
- Medical health care providers interested in gaining more knowledge about sexual health and sex therapy (including physicians, nurses, pelvic floor physiotherapist, etc.)
- Regulated health professionals wanting to learn more about sexual health (occupational therapists, social workers, registered psychotherapists, and other regulated mental health professionals in Ontario)