SEXUAL HEALTH WORKSHOP FOR PELVIC FLOOR PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
GAIN CONFIDENCE ADDRESSING SEXUAL HEALTH
Designed for all healthcare providers, but particularly pelvic floor physiotherapists, to participate in an upcoming workshop on Sexual Health for Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists. This workshop aims to equip you with the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively address the sexual health needs of your clients.
Countdown to the Sexual Health Workshop
Meet your Co-Facilitators:
Dr. Jenn Bossio, C.Psych
Co-Founder of OSHN, Director of the Tri Health Clinic
Dr. Jenn Bossio is a Psychologist in the practice of Clinical and Health Psychology. She is the founder and director of the Tri Health Clinic, a group practice in Kingston that focuses on sexual health. She also works at the Kingston Health Science Centre, where she developed and runs a multidisciplinary program aimed at the management of chronic pelvic pain experienced by men and women, in collaboration with a pelvic floor physiotherapist. She is Adjunct Faculty at Queen’s University in the Departments of Urology, Gynecology, and Psychology.
Dr. Morag Yule, C.Psych
Co-Founder of OSHN, Director of Ontario Sex Therapy
Dr. Yule is a Clinical Psychologist and the founder and director of Ontario Sex Therapy, a group private practice in Toronto. She has extensive training and experience treating sexual concerns and provides therapy for a range of sexual difficulties including problems with sexual desire, difficulty experiencing sexual arousal and orgasm, and sexual pain. Her therapeutic approach draws on Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT), mindfulness and somatic based therapies, and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). She is current President of the Society for Sex Therapy & Research (SSTAR).
As pelvic floor physiotherapists, you play a vital role in assisting individuals in restoring and maintaining optimal pelvic health. However, we recognize the importance of considering the broader aspects of sexual well-being when addressing the concerns of your clients. This two-hour workshop, designed specifically for pelvic floor physiotherapists, will empower you to integrate sexual health seamlessly into your practice, ultimately enhancing the quality of care you provide.
During this comprehensive workshop, we will delve into various aspects of sexual health, including:
1. Understanding the intricate connection between pelvic floor dysfunction and sexual well-being.
2. Mastering effective communication strategies to broach sensitive sexual health topics with your clients.
3. Acquiring practical techniques to assess and address sexual concerns related to pelvic floor dysfunction.
4. Exploring collaborative approaches to working with other healthcare providers in the field of sexual health.
5. Developing a holistic treatment plan that encompasses both physical and psychological aspects of sexual health.
Date: August 25th, 2023
Early Bird RateBefore August 7th, 2023
- To encourage early registration, we are delighted to offer an exclusive early bird rate of $137 for those who sign up on or before August 7th, 2023. This reduced rate presents a remarkable opportunity to enhance your professional expertise and, in turn, positively impact the lives of your clients.
Standard RateAfter August 7th, 2023
- After August 7th, the regular registration fee will be $175.
- As seats are limited, we strongly encourage you to secure your spot as soon as possible to take advantage of the early bird rate and guarantee your participation.
As healthcare providers, we bear the responsibility of providing comprehensive care to our clients. By joining this workshop, you will acquire the necessary skills, knowledge, and confidence to address the sexual health needs of your clients with utmost professionalism.
We eagerly look forward to welcoming you to this engaging and enlightening workshop. Together, we can make a significant impact on the well-being and quality of life of our clients.