Maeve Mulroy, Therapist
- PhD student in clinical psychology at Queen’s University.
- MSc research focussed on assessment of sexual health conditions.
- BAH from Saint Mary’s University, focussed on sexual and relationship satisfaction.
- Member of professional organizations in sexual health, research, and mental health.
- Previous training related to sexual health from Queen’s University.
Since beginning my graduate training in clinical psychology at Queen’s University, I have had the amazing opportunity to study, conduct research, learn, and grow with support from experts in the field of clinical sexual health. I am currently undertaking my PhD in the Sexual Health Research Lab at Queen’s, where I will soon complete my MSc degree, also with a research focus on sexual health. I recently completed a placement in sex therapy, which inspired me to pursue further training in this area.
Prior to undertaking graduate training at Queen’s, I completed by BAH at Saint Mary’s University in Halifax, NS, where my honours thesis research focused on sexual and relationship satisfaction. I am passionate about reducing the stigma associated with sexual and mental health challenges, and promoting open, safe, and inspiring conversations about sex and sexual health. I grew up in Nova Scotia and I love the East Coast. Beyond my graduate training, my hobbies and passions include acting, singing, reading, downhill skiing, and swimming in the Atlantic Ocean.
In order to stay connected with the leading research and most cutting-edge treatment in therapy, we maintain memberships with professional organizations, including: