JEN BRUNET, MSW, RSW
- Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (# 835416)
- Member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (# 006252)
- Extensive training in sexual health and mindfulness-based therapies
- Master’s in social work degree
- Research experience in sexual health at Queen’s University
Talking about sex can be intimidating but my light-hearted and empathic nature will make it easier!
My introduction to sex therapy began over a decade ago during my studies at Queen’s University. Coincidentally, this is where I met my colleague, Dr. Bossio. I went on to pursue a counselling career in community mental health and addictions where I worked extensively with clients experiencing trauma and emotion regulation difficulties. A return to full-time studies to complete a Master’s in Social Work from the University of Windsor re-oriented me to my true passion; sex therapy. I am thrilled to have joined forces with the Tri Health Clinic’s founder, Dr. Bossio, and I am eager to serve the Kingston area and surrounding community.
My approach to therapy is one based on teamwork, skills building, and self-discovery. I use humour and bring a light-hearted approach to sometimes difficult conversations. I believe in empowering my clients and helping them achieve better sex lives.
In order to stay connected with the leading research and most cutting-edge treatment in therapy, we maintain memberships with professional organizations, including: