JOIN OUR TEAM
We’re looking for passionate, science-loving therapists to help make a difference.
WORKING AT THE TRI HEALTH CLINIC
The Tri Health Clinic is an interdisciplinary group practice dedicated to providing evidence-based treatments to individuals and couples throughout Ontario in order to support better sexual wellness. We are physically located in Kingston, Ontario and offer both virtual and in person supports. As a workplace, we are dedicated to setting our therapists up to excel at what they do best – helping to change lives by offering high quality therapy.
We take care of everything that our therapists need to do the thing they love (therapy!) without getting bogged down by the burden of business administration. No longer will you need to use your precious spare time between clients working for free just to keep your head above water. Say goodbye to spending hours of unpaid work a month answering patient inquiries, navigating the world of marketing, deciding on which programs and EMRs are best, nailing down processes for your practice, or chasing clients for payment. No need to weather the horrors of accountants, bookkeepers, or lawyers (oh my!).
Our clinic focuses on removing the burden of private practice administration from your plate, while also connecting you to a warm, encouraging team. We have a highly skilled Intake Coordinator and maintain a curated waitlist to ensure you are seeing the right clients for you. We meet regularly for group consultations. We have in house supervision available and a library of training videos to bolster your clinical skills in the field of sexual health. And our clinic intranet is packed full of all of the processes to help your practice run as smoothly as possible with zero extra work.
An ideal candidate will be able to work 2-5 clinical days per week (4-6 clients per day); daytime, evenings, and weekend availability. Because we are a clinic that focuses on all things sex and couples therapy, our ideal applicant would have an interest in one or both of these clinical topics (experience in these topics is a significant asset but not necessary; we’re here to train if you need that!).
An asset would be an applicant with either some specialized training in best practice treatments for any of the following:
- Sexual health
- Couple’s therapy
- Sexual trauma
- Perinatal and postpartum health
- Health psychology
WHAT WE OFFER
- A warm and encouraging environment with supportive, genuine teammates.
- Group and individual supervision/consultation opportunities are available.
- Compensation is competitive.
- All team members have access to a comprehensive How-To Guide and library of training videos and resources for clinicians to excel in their practice.
- Our extensive waitlist is managed by a talented Intake Coordinator who will work with you to find the clients best suited to your talents.
- Opportunity to supervise clinical psychology graduate students at Queen’s University.
- Flexibility to work in person (at our brand-new offices, complete with all the office supplies you can dream of), online, or both, as long as you are registered to work in Ontario. Keep in mind that our office is physically located in Kingston, ON, so priority will be given to those with in-person capabilities.
- You will be hired as an independent contractor, meaning that you are a part of our team, but you are your own boss! You get all the bonuses of joining an established practice, plus the absolute freedom of being your own boss.
- You are registered or eligible for registration with a professional college that permits you to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy in Ontario (e.g., Psychologists, psychological associates, psychologists under supervised practice, social work, occupational therapists, psychotherapists with a minimum 5 years clinical experience)
- You know evidence-based models of practice inside and out, including a very strong foundation in ACT, CBT, mindfulness, and/or EFT.
- You are self-directed, detail-oriented, passionate about what you do, and have a strong drive to better the mental health care field as a whole.
- You’ve got assertiveness skills and can hold the duality between being a clinician and a business team member. You have the ability to set healthy boundaries with clients, collect payments from clients, charge for no shows in accordance with clinic policies, and/or a willingness to learn how to better do this in an effective and therapeutic way.
- You are very comfortable with performing literature searches in order to stay on top of the newest science. You may already have an email alert for new, relevant research findings.
- You have a curious mind. You are always looking for ways to learn more, improve your clinical skills, or find new, innovative ways to deliver therapy. You’ve taken part in clinical training workshops and found them inspiring! You love questionnaires and symptom tracking. Data gets you excited, especially when it’s data showing your client’s improvements. And learning new technology doesn’t scare you – in fact, bring on the challenge!
- You prioritize self-care in your own life, keeping a healthy balance of clinical work and personal wellbeing!