Claire Pecora, MA, RP, CCC
- Registered member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (#009129)
- Professional member and Canadian Certified Counsellor (C.C.C.) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (#10004847)
- Masters of Arts in Counselling and Spirituality from Saint Paul University with a concentration in Couple and Family Therapy
- Trained leader for The Gottman Institute’s workshop “Seven Principles of Making Marriage Work”
- Experience and training in sexual health, couple therapy, and general relationship issues
- Informed by attachment theory, family systems, Emotion Focused (Couple) Therapy (EFCT), Gottman approaches, and Internal Family System
- Supervised by Dr. Jenn Bossio, C.Psych (this means that Claire’s services can be submitted to insurance providers as “Psychologist Services”, if applicable)
Navigating relationships is a universal, human experience – so why can it feel so hard? Perhaps you feel like you and your partner are completely ‘missing each other’; like you’re not on the same page and feeling as though neither of you are getting your needs met. Maybe you’re finding it hard to connect on an intimate level; noticing discrepancies in your desire, not having the same quality of sex you used to, or simply feeling that there is no time or space for intimacy in your busy lives. Or possibly, you are working to navigate the complexities of a relationship with yourself; healing from past wounds, gaining a better understanding of yourself in relation to others, and solidifying what you want and need moving forward.
While relationships can be difficult; there is also space for them to be fulfilling, meaningful, and fun. Let’s find that space together! My approach is often collaborative and strives to meet clients where they are at. We can work together on cultivating in-the-moment resources as well as identify areas that might need further exploration and depth. I enjoy meeting clients with a light-hearted, humorous, and ultimately, non-judgemental approach as we wander through the complexities of sex and relationships.
I have a long-standing history working in the mental health field with organizations such as Telephone Aid Line Kingston (as a volunteer and later Executive Director), Kids Help Phone (as a crisis line volunteer), and the Sexuality and Gender Lab at Queen’s University (as a volunteer and student during my undergraduate degree). This led me towards pursuing a Masters at Saint Paul University in Counselling and Spirituality with a concentration in Couple and Family Therapy. Since then, I have had several years of experience as a therapist working with individuals and couples on a range of issues such as anxiety, depression, general stressors, life transitions, grief, developmental trauma, and relationship issues. My passion for addressing sex and relationship issues has begun to take centre-stage in the last few years and I enjoy delving into the intricacies of relationships with both individuals and couples.
Aside from work, I love to read, go to yoga outside, travel, have a good TV binge, go to markets, swim, and hang out with family and friends. I also enjoy a rotating cast of hobbies that eventually visit the ‘hobby-graveyard’.
See if Claire is a fit for you.
Start your journey with a free consultation.
In order to stay connected with the leading research and cutting-edge treatment in sex and couples therapy, we maintain memberships with professional organizations, including:
TRI HEALTH CLINIC
Contact us today to book a complimentary consultation with our Intake Coordinator to match you to the best therapist for your needs.
We provide sex therapy and couple’s therapy to all of Ontario, including Windsor, London, Guelph, Waterloo, Kitchener, Hamilton, St. Catherines, Niagara, Milton, Brantford, Burlington, Oakville, Mississauga, Brampton, Toronto, Vaughan, Barrie, Richmond Hill, Peterborough, Markham, Oshawa, Brockville, Belleville, Kingston, Ottawa, Cornwall, Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Sarnia, etc.
Suite 414, 797 Princess Street, Kingston ON
Intake Coordinator Hours
Monday – Thursday 12-5pm