- Member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario (#6462) with practice in clinical psychology and health psychology
- Member of the College of Psychologists of BC (#2380)
- Extensive training in sexual health from leaders across the world
- PhD in clinical psychology from Queen’s University, focused on men’s sexual health
- Research and academic publications, presentations, and awards in health and sexual wellbeing
- Member of multiple professional organizations in sexual health, research, and mental health
All the work I do – whether it’s therapy, research, or training health care providers – is built on the idea that sexuality is complex, and in order to understand and treat it we need to consider the biological (body), psychological (mind), and social (relationships) influences.
I have nearly 10 years experience in sexual health and mental health. I received my MSc and PhD in clinical psychology from Queen’s University.
After Queen’s, I spent 3 wonderful years in Vancouver, BC, to work and train with some of the world leaders in sexual health. During that time I created and tested a number of treatment manuals for men, women, and couples dealing with sexual difficulties.
My time on the West Coast taught me that Ontario was severely lacking in options for people suffering with sexual problems, so I decided to make the move back to Kingston in 2018. Now, I consider it my personal mission to spread the lessons I learned in BC to people in Ontario, be they in health care (e.g., trainees, professionals) or those in need of help.
When I’m not working, you will find me snuggling with loved ones (human and feline, alike), dabbling in arts and crafts, yoga, snowboarding, travelling, or simply spending time by the water.